LEGO has released the details and images for the Big Ben (10253), available to buy from 1 July 2016, with early access for VIPs from 15 June 2016. With more than 4,100 pieces and over 60cm tall, this set is massive!
See the photos here in their high resolution glory!
LEGO’s official narrative for this massive set:
Build the world’s best-known clock tower!
Get up close to Big Ben! The clock was first started on May 31st 1859, and Big Ben’s first chime rang from the 96-meter Elizabeth Tower on July 11th of the same year. This over 23” (60cm) high LEGO® interpretation of the iconic structure is a tribute to its engineering and architecture. It features a detailed facade with statues, shields and windows, and a clock tower with 4 adjustable clock dials and a removable roof allowing access to the belfry, plus buildable exterior elements including a sidewalk, lawn and a tree depicting the building’s location. This model makes a great display piece for the home or office.
- Big Ben features a detailed section of the Westminster Palace and the adjoining Elizabeth Tower, 4 detailed clock dials with movable hour and minutes hands, and a sidewalk, tree and grass area depicting the building’s location.
- Remove the top of the tower to access the Big Ben bell.
- Put your LEGO® building skills to the test!
- Special elements include 4 printed clock faces.
- Rare elements include ski poles, flowers and corner plates in molded gold color, and tinted-translucent elements.
- This set includes over 4,000 LEGO® pieces.
- This set offers an age-appropriate building experience for ages 16+.
- Big Ben measures over 23” (60cm) high, 17” (44cm) wide and 7” (20cm) deep.